The Affordable Connectivity Program will provide a discount of $30 per month toward the broadband service plan of choice for eligible households. Additionally, eligible households will receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from eligible providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
Households are eligible for ACP if they meet any of the following categories:
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal Head Start (only households meeting the relevant income qualifying standard), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year;
- Received approval for benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year; or Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
How do households apply? There are three ways to apply for ACP benefits:
- Contact your preferred internet service provider directly to learn more about the application process.
- Visit www.ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Complete the application and Household Worksheet and mail them, along with copies of proof documentation, to:
ACP Support Center
PO Box 7081 London, KY 40742
Need to speak directly with an ACP representative? To get help with an application call: 1 (877) 384-2575 or email ACPSupport@usac.org